Saturday, November 15, 2008

Annual Oreo Turkeys

Several years ago the kids learned to make these cute turkeys from Aunt Debbie the 1st grade school teacher. It's become an annual event at our house. Josh and I made them this week for his birthday treat to take to his class and everyone loved them. They are very easy to make and will be the hit of any gathering at this time of year.

Ingredients:
Oreos
Chocolate Frosting
Candy Corn
Redhots
Whoppers

Split the cookie in half, try to leave most of the white frosting on one half, on the bare half generously apply the chocolate frosting using it as glue to hold 5 pieces of candy corn. Add a little chocolate frosting to the whopper and place at the edge of the white frosting as the body of the turkey, then put a little frosting on the red hot and place next to the whopper, the hardest part is putting the two halves back together. Once the turkeys are made place them on a cookie sheet and put in the fridge or freezer to harden. This is a fun activity for the entire family..........Enjoy!

7 comments:

Tara said...

Welcome to the world of blogging!! Very cute! I'm glad you joined!

Love
Tara

Dan and Katie said...

Good Job Mom!!! It looks good!

Tara said...

Haha you're funny. I was really confused when I started mine too. Go to my blog and click on my playlist and it'll take you to the website. You'll set up your own account and browse for music and then there will be a link that says something like posting it to your blog or other websites. It's super easy. If you have any questions, let me know!

Chanelle said...

I'm totally going to make these with my kids! Thanks for posting this~

Tania said...

Congrats on your blog!!!! i love it! you did a great job!
keep it up.
love,
Tania

Tucson Mom said...

Wow look at you! Welcome to this world of fun. :)
Michelle

Atkins Family said...

Found you through this great blogging world. Great way to keep in touch. I also read Katie's when I'm floating around. Have a great Thanksgiving.
Lisa
p.s. I added you to my blog list