Friday, October 9, 2009

Future Missionary

Brandon came to me yesterday morning after digging in the file cabinet for "nothing" as he told me when I asked what he was looking for, half dressesed in this amazing suit that he purchased himself from Banana Republic 2 weeks ago, the lower half of his body sported plaid boxers, he looked quite funny, anyway after a short while he came and found me and asked me to take his picture, when I ask what it was for he said "I have completed my portion of the online missionary recommend paperwork and I need to post a picture of myself with it, gladdly I took his picture but I'm now feeling like maybe another shot with a smile would be better? I had no idea what he had been working on this particular morning but he was up early and in a very good mood. He saw his pediatrician yesterday for a phyisical, we have lab orders to take care of, Dr Alston is seeing him on Monday for dental eval, and then it's wait and see time as all the doctors paperwork comes trickling in. Brandon has hopes of leaving after Christmas to serve a mission. I felt very humbled and emotional on my way to work yesterday at the thought of the changes I see in Brandon and his desire to serve.

1 comment:

bedonts said...

Yea! Very exciting! Congratulations!